Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (cos. Devon and Nottingham). Sa. on a bend betw. a talbot pass, in chief and a dolphin embowed in base ar. three torteaux.
2) (Winchester, co. Hants). Erm. two piles issuing out of the dexter and sinister chief points and meeting in the centre of the escutcheon sa. Crest—A Saracen’s head couped at the shoulders, wreathed round the temples sa.
3) (Stoke, near Coventry, co. Warwick). Same Arms. Crest—A blackamoor’s head couped at the shoulders in profile ppr. bound about the temples and tied in a knot ar. and az
4) (Ereby, co. Lincoln, and Nottingham; granted 24 May, 1550). (Shire Newton House, co. Monmouth). Sa. a bend betw. two talbots pass. ar. Crest—A dexter arm embowed in armour, garnished or, holding in the gauntlet a holly branch with berries all ppr.
5) (co. Middlesex). Ar. on a chev. az. betw. three holly branches vert, fructed ppr. as many doves of the last.
6) (Flincham, co. Norfolk). Sa. on a bend betw. a lion saliant in chief and a dolphin in base ar. three torteaux.
7) (co. Nottingham). Sa. a chev. betw. two talbots ar.
8) Az. on a bend or, three torteaux.