Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Saier – (Michaell-Penkevell, co. Cornwall; Edward Sayer, aged 20, Visit. Cornwall, 1620, son of Richard Sayer, and grandson of Hugh Sater, alias Saier, all of Michaell-Penkevell). Or, on a bend cotised sa. three cinquefoils of the fleld. Crest—On a mount vert a leopard couchant reguard. ppr.
2) (Preston, co. Durham, and Worsall, co. York). Gu. a chev. betw. three sea-pewits ar.
3) (Pett, Charing, co. Kent; originally, at a very early period, co. Essex, in which co. the senior branch resided at Bourchers Hall, until the decease, in 1650, of Sir George Sayer, Knt., of that place, whose only child, Esther, m. Sir John Marcham, Bart. From Sir George’s younger brother, Sir John Sayer, page to William III., descended Sayer, of Pett). Gu. a chev. ar. betw. three seapies ppr. Crest—A dexter arm in armour embowed ppr. garnished or, the hand grasping a griffin’s head erased gold.
4) (Pulham, co. Norfolk). Gu. a chev. betw. three seapies ar. Crest—A hand holding a dragon’s head erased all ppr.
5) or Sayre – (Worsall, co York). Same Arms, adding a chief erm.
6) Gu. on a chev. or, betw. three seapies ar. an anchor erect sa. on a chief wavy erm. two chaplets of oak ppr. for distinction a cross crosslet of the second. Crest —Out of a naval coronet or, a dexter arm embowed vested az. and encircled by a wreath of oak gold, the hands grasping a dragon’s head erased ppr. the crown charged, for distinction, with a cross crosslet also gold.
7) (Sayer-Milward) (exemplified to Edward Henry Sayer-Milward, Esq., of Cambridge Terrace, Hyde Park, co. Middlesex). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, erm. on a fess gu. fimbriated or, three bezants, each charged with a chevronel of the second, for Milward; 2nd and 3rd, per chev. gu. and sa. a chev. erm. fimbriated or, betw. three sea-mews or pics ar., for Sayer. Crests—1st, Milward: Out of a wreath of oak or, a bear’s paw erect sa. holding a sceptre in pale and charged with a bar gold; 2nd, Sayer: A mount vert, thereon out of rays of the sun a dexter arm embowed in armour ppr. the hand also ppr. grasping a dragon’s head erased att the neck also vert. Motto—Bear and forbear.
8) Gu. a chev. erm. betw. three seapies ar. Crest—A cubit arm erect ppr. holding a dragon’s head erased ar.
9) Gu. seven mascles conjoined in pale or.