Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Rowley Regis, co. Stafford). Sa. a fess ar. betw. three sheldrakes ppr. Crest—A sheldrake ppr. Motto—Optimum pati.
2) (Beoley, co. Worcester. Visit. Oxon, 1533 and 1564). Sa. a fess betw. three sheldrakes ar., quartering 1st, Rudyng; 2nd, Heath; 3rd, Grove; 4th, Willington, Crest—A sheldrake ar. Motto—Optimum pati.
3) (Brailes House, co. Warwick). Same Arms. Crest—A sheldrake ppr. Motto—Optimum pati.
4) (Aberton, co. Worcester; a branch of Sheldon, of Beoley; the co-heiresses were Anne, m. Rev. Justisian Rainsford, and Lucy, m. Samuel Lessingham, Esq., of Upton-upon-Severn, assumed the surname and arms of Sheldon only). Same Arms, with a canton erm. for distinction. Crest—A sheldrake ppr. charged with an escallop gu. for distinction.
5) (granted to Samuel Sheldon, Esq., of Upton-upon-Severn). Sa. a fess betw. three sheldrakes ar. and for distinction a canton erm. Crest—A sheldrake ppr. charged on the wing for distinction with an escallop gu.
6) (co. Stafford). Ar. on a bend gu. three sheldrakes of the first.
7) (Sheldon, co. Kent). Ar. on a bend gu. three swans or.
8) (Hampton Court, co. Surrey; granted 26 Dec. 1681). Ar. on a chev. gu. three sheldrakes of the first, on a canton of the second a rose of the field, seeded or, barbed vert. Crest—A sheldrake ar. beaked gu. holding therein a rose of the last, seeded or, slipped and leaved vert.
9) (Arden, co. Warwick; granted 8 Feb., 14 Edward IV.). Sa. a bend or, betw. two crosses flory ar.
10) or Shelton - Az. on a cross or, an annulet gu.