Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (described in the Visitations as having been settled for five generations at Yardsley Hall, co. Cambridge). Ar. a fesse gu. betw. three blackbirds within a bordure of the second. Crest—A peacock ppr.
2) Sa. a fesse engr. betw. three talbots pass. Ar. Crest—An eagle’s head erased ppr. Motto—Vincet veritas
3) Ar. an inescutcheon gu. Crest— A pheasant holding in the dexter foot a key, and in his beak an ear of barley ppr.
4) Sa. a fesse engr. betw. three talbots pass. ar. surmounted by a bend sinister.
5) (Roker, Sunderland, co. Durham: Col. John James Allison, commanding 2nd Durham militia, J.P., D.L., eldest son of James Allison, Esq., of Undercliff, same co.). Ar. a fess gu. betw. three blackbirds ppr. a bordure of the second. Crest—A peacock in his pride ppr. Motto—Vincit veritas.
6) Ar. a fesse betw. three boars’ heads couped close az. Crest—A pheon point downwards or, the shaft broken off near the head ppr.
7) or Allison - Party per cross quarterly ar. and gu. a cross betw. four cinquefoils counterchanged. Crest—A demi savage wielding a scimetar ppr.