Arburthnot Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Findourie, Scotland). Motto—Interna proestant. Az. a crescent betw. three stars within a bordure ar. Crest—A peacock ppr.
2) (Catherlan). Motto—Sit laus Deo. Az. a crescent betw. three stars within a bordure ar. charged with eight cinquefoils of the first. Crest—A peacock’s head couped ppr. charged with a mullet or.
3) (Montrose, 1685). Motto—lnnocue ac provide. Az. a crescent betw. three stars ar. all within a bordure indented and quartered of the second and first. Crest—A dove within an adder disposed orleways.
4) (Viscount Arbuthnot). Motto—Laus Deo. Az. a crescent betw. three stars ar. Crest—A peacock’s head couped ppr. beaked or. Supporters—Two dragons wings expanded and tails nowed vert vomiting flames of fire ppr.
5) (Weymouth, 1685). Motto—Fluctuo sed affluo. Az. a crescent betw. three stars ar. a bordure wavy of the last. Crest—A ship under sail ppr.
6) (Dr. James Arbuthnot, grandson of 2nd Viscount Arbuthnot). Mottoes—Deus me austentat. Laus Deo. Az. a crescent betw. three stars ar. within a bordure crenelle or. Crest—A peacock’s head couped ppr.
7) (Fiddes, co. Kincardine). Motto—Tam interna quam externa. Az. a crescent betw. three stars within an orle of eight frazes ar. Crest—A peacock pass. ppr.
8) (Sir William Arbuthnot, Bart., Lord Provost of Edinburgh in 1822). Motto—Innocent and true. Az. a crescent betw. three mullets ar. within a bordure or. charged with as many boars’ heads erased gu. Crest: A peacock’s head ppr. Supporters— Dexter, a wyvern with wings expanded and tail nowed vert spouting out fire; sinister, a greyhound ppr. collared gu. Ieashed or.
9) Az. a crescent betw. three stars ar. Within an orle of eight frazes of the last.