Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Redgrave, co. Suffolk, premier bart. descended from the Lord Keeper Bacon). (Major Caesar Bacon, Scafield, St. Anne, Isle of Man). Gu. on a chief ar. two mullets pierced sa. Crest—A boar pass. erm. Motto—Mediocria firma.
2) (Viscount St. Albans). Same Arms with a crescent for diff.
3) (Newton Cup, co. Durham, and Stewart Pile, co. Northumberland, granted 1752). Erm. a wild boar pass. az. bristled armed and unguled or, langued gu. on a chief of the third two mullets of the fourth. Crest—A demi wild boar ramp. guard. az. bristled armed and unguled or, langued gu. holding in the mouth a tilting spear ar. stricken In the shoulder and vulned ppr.
4) (Baconsthorpe, co. Norfolk). Az. three boars pass. or.
5) (Harleston, co. Norfolk). Ar. a fleur-de-lis betw. three boars pass. or. Crest—A demi boar erect or, armed and bristled az.
6) (Hesset, co. Norfolk, and co. Suffolk, the heiress m. Bacon of Friston). Ar. on a fesse engr. betw. three escutheons gu. as many mullets ar. pierced sa. Crest—A talbot's head sa. erased gu. holding in the mouth a deer’s leg or.
7) (Drinkston, co. Suffolk, and London, Visit. London, 1568). Same Arms and Crest, with a mullet for diff.
8) Gu. a bordure invecked ar. on a chief of the last two mullets pierced sa.
9) (in the cast window, north aisle, Bristol Cathedral). Az. three boars pass, in pale or.
10) (exemplified 1829 to Robert M'Causland, Esq., son of Dominick M'Causland, Esq., of Daisy Hill, co. Londonderry, by Mary, his wife, dau. and heir of Rev. Benjamin Bacon, D.D., on his taking the name of Bacon). Gu. a mullet or, on a chief erm. two mullets sa. Crest—A boar pass. erm. charged on the side with a mullet or. Motto—Mediocria firma.
11) (Twyhouse, co. Somerset). Ar. a fesse betw. three round buckles gu. Crest—A greyhound’s head erased sa. holding in the mouth a stag’s foot or.
12) (Suffolk). Gu. three trefoils pierced ar.
13) (Suffolk). Az. on a fesse betw. three fleurs-de-lis or, as many griffins’ heads erased of the field.
14) (Sutton Bonnington. George Bacon, Esq., of Nottingham). Vert a cross engr. erm. on a chief ar. a ducal coronet gu. betw. two mullets sa. Crest—On a mount vert a boar ar. bristled and tusked or, semee of mullets sa. in the mouth a ragged staff vert. Motto—Mediocria firma.
15) (Yorkshire). Gu. on a chief ar. two mullets with six points sa. pierced or.
16) Gu. three cinquefoils pierced ar. (another, erm.).
17) Gu. a cross, engr. erm. on a chief vert two mullets or.
18) Ar. three boars’ heads or.
19) (Rev. Thomas Bacon, M. A., Rector of Wigxonholt and Greatham, co. Sussex). Gu. a bordure arg. on a chief of the last a fret betw. two mullets of six points sa. Crest—A boar arg. resting the dexter forefoot on a fret sa.