Bland Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Bland Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (London, granted 10 May, 1563). Gu. on a chev. ar. betw. three crosses crosslet or, as many cinqnefoils az.
2) (London and Yorkshire). Erm. (another, ar.) on a bend sa. three pheons or. Crest—A cock gu.
3) (Goldington, co. Notts, Visit. 1614). Ar. on a bend sa. three pheons or, a martlet for diff. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a leopard’s head ppr.
4) (Kippax Park, co. York, anciently seated at Blands Gill, in that county, and raised to the degree of baronet in 1642, title extinct 1756, represented by Thomas Davison Bland, Esq.). Ar. on a bend sa. three pheons of the field. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or. a lion’s head ppr. Motto—Sperate et virite fortes.
5) (Surrey; granted to Nathaniel Bland, Esq., of Randall’s Park, near Leatherhead, co. Surrey). Erm. on a bend sa. cottised gu. three pheons or. Crest—A cock gu. beaked, legged, and wattled or, charged on the breast with a pheon of the last.
6) (confirmed to James Franklin Bland, Esq., of Derryquin Castle, co. Kerry). Erm. on a bend sa. three pheons or, in the sinister chief point a cinquefoil vert. Crest—A cock ppr. charged on the breast witha pheon or. Motto—Eloquentia aagitta.
7) (Blandsfort, Queen’s Co.). Ar. on a bend sa. three pheons or, in the sinister chief point a crescent gu. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet a lion’s head ppr. charged with a crescent gu. Motto—Quo fata vocant.
8) (Abbeyville, co. Antrim). Ar. on a bend sa. three pheons or, in the sinister chiefpoint a crescent gu. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a lion’s head ppr. charged with a crescent gu. Motto—Quo fata vocant.
9) Lozengy, or and sa.
10) Sa. three pales engr. or.
11) Ar. three ewers (or pots).
12) Gu. three ewers ar.
13) (London and Norwich; Michael Bland, Esq., of London). Quarterly, ar. and or on a bend sa. three pheons of the second. Crest—Out of a crown vallary or, a lion’s head ppr. charged with a bend sa., thereon three pheons also or. Motto—Potior origine virtue.