See glossary for symbol meaning.
Courtney Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Variations of this name: Courteney, Courtenay.We have several coat of arms design(s) for the name Courtney. Click on the thumbnails to view each design.
Courtney Family Gift Ideas
Don’t like ordering online? Order by phone 1-408-983-2800
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Courtney Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Courtney Family Gift Ideas
Browse Courtney family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More courtney Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (co. Devon). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, or. a lion ramp. az.; 2nd and 3rd, ar. three trefoils slipped sa. (another, three torteaux).
2) (co. Devon). Or, three torteaux a label of three points each charged with as many bezants.
3) (co. Somerset). Or, a beud gu. betw. three torteaux.
4) Or, three torteaux a label of five points az.
5) Or, a fesse az. betw. three torteaux.
6) (Reg. Ulster’s Office). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, or, three torteaux; 2nd and 3rd, or, a lion ramp. az.
7) or Courteney - Or, a fesse az. betw. three torteaux.
8) (Earl of Devon). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, or, three torteaux, for Courtenay; 2nd and 3rd, or, a lion ramp. az., for Redvers (the old Earls of Devonshire). Crests —1st: Out of a ducal coronet or, a plume of seven ostrich feathers, four and three, ar.; 2nd: A dolphin embowed ppr. Supporters—Two boars ar. bristled, tusked, and unguled or. Mottoes—Quod vcrum tutum, and Ubi lapsus, Quid feci.
9) (Marquess of Exeter. Edward Courtenay, 4th Earl of Devon of the creation of 1485, was raised to a marquessate 1525; his only son, Edward, 2nd Marquess of Exeter, d. unm. 1556). Or, three torteaux, in chief a label of three points az. Crest—Same as the Earls of Devon. No supporters were registered to this title. The Courtenays, temp, Henry VIII. and Edward VI., appear to have borne as supporters the Bohun swans collared, and the Luttrells would seem to have assumed them by virtue of the intermarriage with the heir of Sir William Courtenay. Courtenay and Luttrell seals bearing out this theory are on record in the Heralds' College.
10) (Sir Hugh Courtenay, one of the Founder Knights of the Garter, eldest son of Hogh, 2nd Earl of Devon, d. before his father: Garter plate still remains in the Founder's Stall). Gu. three torteaux a label of three points each point charged with three annulets. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet a plume of swan's feathers, consisting of three rows, the first eight, the second ten, and the uppermost eleven feathers.
11) (Sir Peter Courtenay, K.G., temp. Richard II., fifth son of Hugh, 2nd Earl of Devon). (Kelland, co. Devon). Gu. three torteaux a label of three points az. each point charged with three annulets.
12) (Molland, co. Devon; descended from Sir Philip Courtenay, younger son of Sir Philip Courtenay, of Powderham, who acquired the estate of Molland by his wife Elizabeth, dau. of Walter, Lord Hungerford; the last male heir of this branch, John Courtenay, Esq., d. in 1732). (Walreddon, co. Devon; descended from James, fifth son of Sir William Courtenay, by Margaret, his wife, dau. of Sir William Walles). (Deviock, Lostwithiel, Penkivel, and Lanivet, co. Cornwall, descended from Sir Edmund Courtenay, of St. Leonard’s, near Exeter, second son of Sir Philip Courtenay, of Powderham, by Elizabeth his wife, dau. of Walter, Lord Hungerford. Visit. 1620). (Trethurfe, Wotton, and Tremeer, co. Cornwall, descended from Edward, second son of Sir William Courtenay, of Powderham, sheriff of Devon in 1483). Or, three torteaux on a label az. nine plates.
13) Or, three torteaux a bend az.
14) Or, three torteaux a bendlet gobonated ar. and az.
15) Or, three torteaux. Crest—A dolphin embowed ar. charged with four torteaux devouring the top of a ducal cap gu. in a coronet or.
16) Or, three torteaux a label of three points ar. on each as many hurts.
17) or Courtney - Or, a fesse az. betw. three torteaux.