Dodson Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Dodson Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research service that traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Hey, co. Cornwall; Robert Dodson, of that place, Visit. 1620, great grandson of Thomas Dotson, whose mother was dau. and co-heir of John Hey, of Hey). Ar. a bend engr. az. betw. two Cornish choughs ppr.
2) (Dr. Dodson, Bishop of Elphin). Sa. a chev. betw. three catharine wheels or. Crest—The head of Janus couped at the neck ppr.
3) (London, temp. Charles I.). Ar. a fesse nebule gu. betw. three fleurs-de-lis sa.
4) (Hurstpierpoint, co. Sussex; as borne by the late Rt. Hon. Sir John Dodson, M.P., and by his son, Rt. Hon. John George Dodson, M.P.). Ar. a fess nebule gu. betw. six fleurs-de-lis sa. Crest—Two lions’ gambs in saltire gu.
5) or Dodson (Heye, co. Cornwall). Ar. a bend engr. az. betw. two Cornish choughs ppr. Crest—A dexter arm in armour ppr. garnished or, holding a scourge with four lashes sa. handle garnished, and the lashes ended with spur-rowels gold.