The main heraldic symbol in the Foncesa Coat of Arms (erroneously called the Fonseca Family Crest) is the estoile. There were of course many widely recognised symbols that existed long before the advent of heraldry and it should be no surprise that some of these were adopted as charge in coats of arms. The estoile is a typical example, reflecting the stars in the sky and represented with six wavy points, often with a little shading to give it some depth. The ancient writer Guillim assigns these symbols as the emblems of God’s goodness”. The main tinctures (colors) used within the arms are Gules (red) and Or (yellow). The former signifies military strength and magnaimity, whereas the later signifies wisdom, faith, and generosity.
Fonseca Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Variations of this name: Fonsecha, Fonsèque, and Fonsecca.We have several coat of arms design(s) for the name Fonseca. Click on the thumbnails to view each design.
Fonseca Family Gift Ideas
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Fonseca Name
This is primarily a Portuguese and Galician surname habitational name that denoted a person who lived near a spring that dried up during the warmer months, deriving from the words fonte seca, meaning “dry well”.
Fonseca Family Gift Ideas
Browse Fonseca family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More fonseca Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) Fonseca - or Fonsecca - Rome - De gueules à cinq étoiles d'or 2 1 et 2. English: Gules with five etoiles or 2 1 and 2.
2) Fonseca - Comtes de Villanueva de Cañedo - Castille - (Comtes, 1615) - D'or à cinq étoiles (8) de gueules. English: Or with five etoiles of 8 points gules.
3) Fonseca - Fonseca (da) et Diaz da Fonseca - Amsterdam - Orig. d'Espagne - D'azur à cinq étoiles d'or 2 1 et 2. English: Azure with five etoiles or 2 1 and 2.
4) Fonseca - Fonseca (de) - Brabant - (Barons, 1 nov. 1713; comtes, 24 déc. 1731) - D'or à cinq étoiles (8) de gueules Supports deux griffons regardants d'or armés et lampassés de gueules. English: Or with five etoiles of 8 points gules Supporters two griffins reguardant or armed and langued gules.
5) Fonseca - Fonseca di Venezia - Agostino ed Antonio di Giovanni partiti dalla Spagna nel 1634 si stabilirono con preziosi capitali a Venezia, ove il primo ebbe il titolo di marchese. Ottennero inoltre il patriziato Veneto nel 1664 - D'oro, a cinque stelle di sei raggi di rosso. English: Or 5 etoiles of 6 [rays] gules.
6) Fonsecha - Fonsecha ou Fonseca - Venise - (An., 1664) - D'or à cinq étoiles (6) de gueules. English: Or with five etoiles of 6 points gules.
7) Fonsèque - Fonsèque de Surgères - Espagne, Saintonge - Écartelé aux 1 et 4 d'or à cinq étoiles (6) de gueules aux 2 et 3 de gueules au lion d'or couronné du même. English: Quarterly 1st and 4th or with five etoiles of 6 points gules 2nd and 3rd gules of lion or crowned of the same.
8) Fonsecca - Fonseca di Roma - Di rosso, a cinque stelle d' oro 2, 1 e 2. English: Gules 5 etoiles or 2, 1 and 2.