French Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
French Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Baron De Freyne). (confirmed, 1811, to Arthur French, Esq., of Tyrone House, co. Galway). (Monivea Castle, co. Galway). (Cloonyquin, co. Roscommon). Erm. a chev. sa. Crest—A dolphin embowed ppr. Supporters—Dexter, an ancient Irish warrior habited, supporting with his dexter hand a battle axe head downwards, and bearing on his sinister arm a shield all ppr; sinister, a female figure, vested and scarf flowing ar. all ppr. Motto—Malo mori quam foedari.
2) (Cranfield, co. Essex). Az. a bend or, betw. two dolphins embowed ar. Crest—A crescent per pale ar. and or, betw. the horns a fleur-de-lis counterchanged.
3) (co. Devon). Sa. a bend betw. two dolphins haurient, embowed ar.
4) (Stream, co. Sussex). Gu. a bend betw. two dolphins ar.
5) (Pershore, co. Worcester. Visit. 1634). Per bend sinister engr. or and sa. a lion ramp. counterchanged. Crest—A fleur-de lis sa. seeded or.
6) (Belturbet, co. Cavan, Ireland; granted In Ireland 26 July, 1682). Per bend sinister engr. or and sa. a lion ramp. betw. two fleurs-de-lis countercharged. Crest—A fleur-de-lis or, charged with a trefoil vert.
7) (Cuskinny, co. Cork). Vert three foxes. Crest—A dolphin. Motto—Veritas vincit.
8) Sa. a bend ar. betw. two dolphins naiant or. Crest—In a crescent ar. a fleur-de-lis sa.
9) Per pale sa. and ar. a wolf saliant counterchanged.
10) Ar. two bendlets betw. as many dolphins sa.
11) Per pale sa. and az. a wolf pass. ar.
12) (Thornidikes and Frenchland, co. Berwick). Az. a chev. betw. three boars’ heads erased or.
13) (Bailliestown, co. Lanark). Az. a chev. betw. two boars’ heads erased or, in chief, and a bezant in base. Crest—A ship in full sail ppr. Motto—Par commerce.
14) Ar. a fesse engr. gu. in chief a rose of the last.