Freston Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Freeston - (Mendham, co. Norfolk). - Az. on a fesse or, three leopards’ faces gu. Crest—A demi greyhound ramp. sa. collared or.
2) (Warmfield, co. York). - Same Arms. Crest—A demi grayfriar ppr.
3) (cos. Norfolk and Suffolk). - Ar. on a chev. sa. three cinquefoils of the field.
4) (Menham, co. Suffolk). - Az. on a fesse or, three cinquefoils gu.
5) (co. Suffolk). - Ar. a chev. betw. six cinquefoils sa.
6) (Altofts, co. York). - Ar. a fesse dancettee betw. three mullets vert. Crest—A talbot's head erased gu. eared ar. the ears charged with three bars sa. gorged with a collar or.
7) (co. York). - Ar. on a fesse indented az. three mullets or.
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Freston Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Freston Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.