Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (co. Kent). Chequy ar. and az.
2) (co. Suffolk). Gu. a chev. or, betw. two bezants in chief and a griffin’s head erased in base of the second.
3) (Woolavington, co. Sussex; descended from Thomas Garton, of London, merchant, living temp. Queen Elizabeth, by Joan, his wife, dau. and heiress of Sir Richard Burford, Knt.; the heiress. Mary Garton, m. Robert Orme, Esq.). Sa. nine tilting spears ar. in parcels, three in each, tiz., one in pale and two in saltire, handed or. Crest—A leopard’s head erased or, ducally gorged gu. on the head two straight horns of the last.
4) (co. Sussex). Gu. a chev. ar. on a chief sa. a griffin’s head erased or, betw. two bezants.
5) (co. York). Per chev. sa. and gu. in chief two bezants.
6) (co. York). Gu. a chev. or, betw. three bezants.
7) Per chev. gu. and sa. in cbicf two bezants, in base a griffin’s head erased or.
8) Gu. billettee or, a chief indented of the last.
9) Chequy or and gu. on a fesse az. three escallops of the first.
10) Gu. a chev. ar. betw. two bezants in chief, and in base a griffin’s head erased or.