Gawdy Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
Source for 1-5: Burke’s General Armory
1) (Claxton, co. Norfolk, Stapleton and Ipswich, co. Suffolk). Vert a tortoise pass. ar. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. two swords erect on their hilts ar. hilts and pommels or.
2) (Harliston and West Herling, co. Norfolk, bart., extinct 1723). Same Arms. Crest—A wolf pass. per pale ar. and gu. (Crows Hall, co. Suffolk, bart., extinct at the death of the third bart.). Same Arms and Crest.
3) (Wallington, co. Norfolk). Same Arms, tinctures reversed.
4) (co. Norfolk). Or, on a fesse gobonated gu. and ar. betw. three estoiles sa. a demi lion ramp. and two fleurs-de-lis counterchanged.
5) (cos. Lancaster and Hants, and Horsington, co Somerset). Erm. on a saltire engr. az. five fleurs-de-lis or.