Greenway Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (co. Warwick). Gu. a chev. betw. three covered cups or, on a chief of the last as many griffins’ heads az., quartering, ar. three scaling ladders in bend gu., for Kelynge. Crests—1st: A griffin’s head erased az., for Greenway; 2nd: A lion sejant or, holding in the dexter paw a scaling ladder gu.
2) (cos. Berks and Bucks). Gu. a fesse or, in chief three griffins’ heads erased of the second, within a bordure gobonated ar. and az.
3) (Raynefords House, co. Oxford. Visit. 1574). Gu. a fess or, on a chief of the last three birds vert, legged of the first, a border gobony ar. and sa.
4) (co. Devon). Gu. a chev. betw. three covered cups or, on a chief ar. as many griffins’ heads erased az. Crest—A griffin’s head erased ar. holding in the mouth an anchor gu.
5) (or Grenway). Ar. a chev. fracted sa. betw. three crosses crosslet fitchee of the last.
6) Barry of four or and gu. in chief five birds vert, membered of the second, within a bordure gobonated ar. and sa.