Hetherington Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) Per pale ar. and sa. three lions ramp. counterchanged. Crest—A lion’s head erased gu. within a chain ar. both ends issuing from the wreath in orle.
2) (Richard Hetherington, Esq., Governor of Tortola, and of Burton, in Lune Vale). Sa. a fret ar. Crest—A leopard’s face.
3) (Tuble, King’s Co.; Fun. Ent., George Hetherington, d. 29 Dec. 1619). Per pale ar. and gu. a lion ramp. counterchanged, armed and langued az.
4) (Fun. Ent. of Margaret, wife of David Hetherington, Esq., of Ballyroan, in the Queen’s co., d. 8 May, 1618). Same Arms. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a tower, quarterly ar. and gu.
5) (Ballyroan, Queen’s co.; granted by Roberts, Ulster, 1648, to Arthur Hetherington, son of Fergus Hetherington, Esq., of that place, descended from an ancient family of that name in England). Same Arms, with a canton of the second for diff. Crest—A castle with four towers per fess or and gu.
6) Per pale ar. and sa. three lions ramp. counterchanged. Crest—A lion’s head erased gu. within a chain ar. both ends issuing from the wreath in orle.