Hopton Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Hopton Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Hopton, co. Salop, temp. King Stephen). Gu. semée of crosses pattée fitchée a lion ramp. or.
2) (Canon Frome, co. Hereford). Same Arms. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a griffin’s head ar. in the beak a bleeding hand ppr.
3) (Hopton, co. Hereford). Gu. semée of crosses crosslet a lion ramp. or. Crest—On a lion’s head erased or, a bend gu. charged with three crosses crosslet of the first.
4) (co. Somerset, and Blithbon, co. Suffolk). (Lord Hopton, of Stratton; created 1643, extinct 1652). Erm. two bars sa. on each three mullets or. Crest—A griffin pass. ar. holding in the dexter claw a stone sa.
5) (Ermeley Hall). Ar. two bars sa. on each three mullets pierced of the first.
6) (co. Gloucester, temp. Edward I.). Gu.a lion ramp. or, within an orle of crosses crosslet of the last.
7) (co. Gloucester). Ar. crusily fitchee sa. a lion ramp. az.
8) (co. Suffolk). Ar. a chev. az. and label of three points of the second, each charged with five bezants.
9) (Armly Hall, co. York). Ar. a fesse sa. in chief three martlets gu.
10) (co. York). Ar. two bars sa. each charged with three mullets of six points or.
11) (co. York). Ar. two bare sa. on each three mullets or.
12) Ar. a chev. az. (another adds a label of three points erm.).
13) Gu. a demi lion erect in a tun ar.
14) Az. a bend cotised ar. betw. six crosses pattée or, within a bordure engr. gu. platée.