MacPherson Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
MacPherson Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Clunie, Scotland) – Per fesse, ar. and az. a lymphad, with her sails trussed up, her oars in action of the first, in the dexter chief point a hand, couped, grasping a dagger, point upwards, gu. in the sinister chief point a cross crosslet, fitchee, of the last.-Crest, a cat, sejant, ppr.
2) (Pitmean, Scotland) – The same, per fesse, invecked.
3) (Invernesshire, Scotland) – The same as Mac Pherson, of Clunie, within a bordure gu.
4) (Cluny, co. Inverness; chief of the Clan MacPherson, claims to be chief of Clan Chattan, Current chief uses a wildcat sejant with sinister paw raised) – Per fesse or and az. a lymphad of the first, with her sails furled, oars in action, and mast and tackling all ppr. flags flying gu. in the dexter chief point a hand couped grasping a dagger, point upwards gu. in the sinister chief a cross crosslet fitche of the last. Crest – A cat sejant ppr. Supporters – Two Highlandermen in short tartan jackets and hose, with steel helmets on their heads, thighs bare, their shirt tied between them, and round targets on their arms all ppr. Motto – Touch not the cat, but a glove
5) (Invereshie, co. Inverness; derived from Gillies MacPherson, third son of Ewan Bawn MacPherson) – Same Arms, within a bordure gu. Crest – A cat sejant with her forefeet erect guards. ppr. Motto – As Cluny
6) (Pitmean, co. Inverness; derived from John MacPherson, second son of Ewan MacPherson) – Same Arms as of Cluny, per fesse invecked. Crest and Motto, as Cluny