Matheson Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Colonel George Matheson, Scotland, 1639). Gyronny of eight sa. and gu. a lion ramp. or, armed ar. all within a bordure of the third, charged with eight crosses pattée gu. Crest—An armed hand holding a naked sword ppr. Molto—Heart in hand.
2) (Ardentoul, co. Ross, 1841). Ar. three dexter hands couped erect, within a bordure of the last. Crest—A hand holding a scymitar in fess all ppr. Motto—Fac et spera.
3) (the Lews. co. Ross. bart.). Gyronny of eight pieces sa. and gu. a lion ramp. or, armed and langued az. all within a bordure of the third charged with three bears’ heads, two in chief and one in base, couped az. muzzled ar. and two hands fesseways in fesse holding daggers erect gu. Crest—A dexter arm in armour erect the hand holding a scymitar in fesse ppr. Motto—Heart and Hand.
4) (Bennetsfield). Ar. two Lochaber axes in saltire heads to the chief betw. a cock in chief and a rose in base. Crest—A dexter hand brandishing a scymitar ppr. Motto—Fac et spera.
5) (Balmacara). Gyronny of eight sa. and gu. a lion ramp. ar. on a bordure of the last eight crosses crosslet of the second. Crest and Motto, as the last.
6) (Lochalsh, co. Ross, bart., created 15 May, 1882). Ar. three dexter hands, couped two and one gu. and for difference within a bordure of the 2nd. Crest—A dexter hand holdine a scimitar in fesse all ppr. Motto—Fac et spera.