Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Makgill (Rankeillour, co. Fife). Gu. three, martlets ar. Crest—A martlet ar. Motto—In Domino confido.
2) (Kemback, co. Fife, 1676). Gu. three martlets ar. within a bordure indented of the last. Crest—A martlet rising ppr. Motto—In Deo confido.
3) (Kemback, 1771, as heir male of Rankeillour). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, gu. three martlets ar.; 2nd and 3rd, ar. an eagle displ. sa. beaked, langued, and membered gu. charged with another eagle displ. or, for Ramsay, of Brakmouth. Crest—A martlet ar. Supporters—Dexter, a horse ar. maned, hoofed, and tailed or, gorged with a collar, whereto a chain is affixed passing betw. his forelegs and reflexed over his back of the last; sinister, a buck sa. armed, unguled, and tailed or, gorged and chained as the other. Motto—In Domino confido.
4) (Viscount of Oxenford). Gu. three martlets or. Crest—A phoenix in flames ppr. Supporters—Dexter, a horse at liberty ar. maned and hoofed or, gorged with a viscount’s coronet, thereto a chain attached of the last; sinister, a bull sa. collared and chained as the other. Motto—Sine fine.
5) (Ballynester, Ireland, cadet of Oxenford). Gu. three martlets or, within a bordure ar. Crest—A phoenix in flames ppr. Mollo— Sine sine.
6) (Rumgally, co. Fife). Gu. three martlets ar. within a bordure engr. of the List. Crest—A martlet rising ppr. Motto: In Deo confido.
7) (Fun. Ent. Ulster’s Office, 1677). Az. three doves ar.