Nairn Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Nairn Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (St. Fort, or Sandford, co. Fife). Per pale ar. and sa. on a chaplet four mullets counterchanged. Crest—A celestial sphere or and az. standing on a foot gu. Mottoes: over it—Spes ultra; and below the arms—L’espérance me comfort.
2) (Langside, Scotland). Per pale sa. and ar. on a chaplet four mullets, in the centre a crescent all counterchanged. Crest and Motto, as of St. Fort.
3) (Seggieden. co. Perth; represented by Hay, of Seggiedeu, as heir of line). Per pale sa. and ar. on a chaplet four quatrefoils counterchanged, a martlet for diff. Crest—The trunk of an oak tree sprouting out leaves ppr. Motto—Sero, sed serio.
4) (Lord Nairn; the title is now held by Baroness Nairn, Dowager Marchioness of Lansdowne). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, per pale sa. and ar. on a chaplet four quatrefoils all counterchanged, for Nairn; 2nd, az. three mullets ar. within a double tressure flory counterflory or, for Murray; 3rd, quarterly, 1stt and 4th, paly of six or and sa., for Atholl; 2nd and 3rd, or, a fesse chequy az. and ar., for Stewart. Crest—A sphere, and above it, Plus ultra. Supporters— Two talbots, or ratch hounds, ppr. Motto—L’espérance me comfort.
5) (Kirkhill, Scotland). Per pale ar. and sa. on a chaplet four mullets pierced counterchanged. Crest and Motto, as St. Fort.
6) (cos. Kent and Sussex). Paly of three sa. and ar. a chaplet of four roses leaved ppr.
7) (Dunsinnane, co. Perth, bart., 1704). Per pale sa. and ar. on a chaplet four mullets all counterchanged. Crest—A celestial globe on a stand ppr. Mottoes—Over the crest: Spes ultra; and below the arms: L’espérance me comfort.
8) (England). Per pale sa. and ar. on a chaplet betw. three cinquefoils four roundles all counterchanged. Crest— The sun in splendour or.