O’Daly Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Chiefs of Corea Adhamh, a territory in the present Barony of Maghcradernon, co. Westmeath; descended from and deriving their surname from Dalaigh, Chief of the Sept, claiming dcscent from Niall, of the Nine Hostages; this Sept were scattered after the invasion of 1172). (Finnvara, co. Clare; descended from Donough Mor O’Daly, a famous poet; they removed to Hy Maine temp. Henry VI. and Edward IV., where they acquired property after the revolution of 1688). (Killeleigh, co. Westmeath). Per fess ar. and or, a lion ramp. per fess sa. .and gu. in chief two dexter hands couped at the wrist of the last.
2) (Killymore. co. Galway; now represented by Lord Dunsandle and Clan-Conal. See Daly). Motto—Deo fidelis et regi. Same Arms. Crest—In front of an oak tree ppr. a greyhound courant sa.
3) (Baron Dunsandle and Clan Conal. Lord Dunsandle quarters the following arms: Daly; Power; French; Maxwell; Calderwood; Deniston; Barry; Cantillon). Per fesse ar. and or, a lion ramp. per fesse sa. and gu., in chief two dexter hands couped of the last. Crest—Before an oak tree ppr. a greyhound courant sa. Supporters— Dexter, a lion ramp. as in the arms; sinister, a greyhound ppr. gorged with an Irish or pointed crown, or. Motto—Deo fidelis et regi.
4) (Raford, co. Galway, exemplified 1837, to John Archer Blake, eldest son of the late Andrew William Blake, Esq., of Furbough, co. Galway, on his assuming by royal licence the surname of Daly, in lieu of Blake, in compliance with the will of his maternal grand uncle, Hyacinth Daly, Esq., of Raford). Per fess ar. and or, a lion ramp. per fess sa. and gu. in chief two dexter hands couped at the wrist of the last. Crest—A greyhound courant sa. collared in front of an oak tree ppr. fructed gold.
5) (Melbourne, Australia; the male line of Daly, of Raford, descended from Denis Daly, Esq., of Raford, and Lady Anne de Burgh, his wife, dau. of Michael, 10th Earl of Clanricarde. Hyacinth Daly, Ahthur Disney, Joseph Daly, William John Daly, Anthony Daly, and Annie Eveline Daly, all of Melbourne, are the children of Richard Gore Daly, Esq., of Woodview, co. Galway, and Melbourne, Australia, who was grandson of Michael Daly, Esq., of Mount Pleasant (2nd son of the aforesaid Denis Daly, Esq., of Raford), by the Lady Johanna, his wife, dnu. of Arthur Gore, 1st Earl of Arran). Per fesse ar. and or. a lion ramp, per fesse sa. and gu. in chief two dexter hands couped at the wrists of the last. Crest—In front of an oak tree ppr. fructed or, a greyhound courant sa. Motto—Deo fidelis et Regi.