Prestwich Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
2) (Holme, co. Lancaster, bart., extinct 1689; granted by Barker, Garter. The daus. and co-heiresses of Sir Thomas Prestwich, Bart., were Arabella, m. Matthew Ddcie, Baron Moreton; Procella; and Margaret, in. Richard Rinorose, Esq., of Barnaboy, Moynoe, co. Clare). Gu. (another, vert) a mermaid ar. comb and glass or. Crest—A porcupine ppr. Motto—In te Domine speravl.
3) (Holme, co. Lancaster). Erm. on a chev. gu. a bezant betw. two leopards’ faces or, on a thief of the last a wolf pass. sa. betw. two fleurs-de-lis of the second.
4) (Holme, co. Lancaster). Erm. on a chev, gu. three bezants, a chief or, charged with a wolf pass. betw. two fleurs-de-lis sa.
5) Same Arms. Crest—A leopard’s face jessant- de-lis or.
6) (London). Erm. on a chev. gu. three leopards’ faces or.
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Prestwich Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Prestwich Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.