Purdy Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or, a chev. az. betw. three mullets sa. pierced of the field.
2) Ar. a cross componée or and az., in the 1st quarter a water bouget, in the 2nd an eagle displ., in the 3rd a swan close, in the 4th an escallop, all sa. on a chief az. a lion pass. guard. or.
3) Ar. a fess chequy or and sa.
4) (London). Ar. a fess chequy or and gu.
5) (Marquis et comtes) - Normandie - D'azur au chevron d'or acc de trois molettes (ou étoiles) du même Cimier un cygne issant d'argent becqué d'or
6) (ou de La Motte de Pardieu) - Artois - De gueules au sautoir d'or cantonné de quatre aigles du même
7) de Bouteville - Normandie - Coupé au 1 d'argent à deux fasces de gueules au 2 d'or à quatre pals d'argent et à la bande d'or brochant sur les pals
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Purdy Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Purdy Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.