Raleigh Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Raleigh, co. Devon; Thomasine, dau. and sole heir of Sir William Raleigh, of Raleigh, m. Sir John Chicester Knt.). Gu. seven fusils in bend ar., as entered by Sir Walter’s nephew at the Visit. Wilts, 1623.
2) (Sir Walter Raleigh temp. Queen Elizabeth. Sir Walter had two sons, Walter Raleigh, and Sir Carew Raleigh, Governor of Jersey, father of Sir Walter Raleigh, of West Horsley, co. Surrey). Gu. a bend vair betw. six crosses crosslet ar.
3) (Cornwall). Gu. a bend engr. ar.
4) (co. Devon). Gu. five lozenges in bend ar.
5) (co. Devon). Gu. three fusils in fess or, all over a bend ar.
6) (co. Devon). Ar. crusily a cross moline betw. twelve crosses crosslet gu. Crest—A boar’s head erect gu.
7) (Farnborough, co. Warwick; confirmed by the Deputies of Camden, Clarenceux, to Sir Edward Raleigh, Knt., of Farnborough, eleventh in descent from Sir Henry Raleigh). Ar. a fret az. Crest—A griffin’s head erased ar. collared az. thereon a fret gold.