See glossary for symbol meaning.
Rivers Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Rivers Family Gift Ideas
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Rivers Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Rivers Family Gift Ideas
Browse Rivers family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More rivers Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Pitt-Rivers Saron Riven). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, sa. a fess chequy ar. and az. betw. three bezants, for Pitt; 2nd and 3rd, per pale gu. and az. on a chev. ar. betw. three martlets or, an eagle displ. sa., for Beckford. Crest—1st: A stork ppr., for Pitt; 2nd : A heron’s head erased or, holding in the bill a fish ar. Supporters—Dexter, a falcon, wings inverted and belled or; sinister, a unicorn or. Motto—Æquam servare mentem.
2) (Chafford, co. Kent, bart.). Az. two bars dancettée or, in chief three bezants, quartering, as an augmentation, az. on a fess engr. betw. three swans ar. a bar gu. charged with as many roses of the second. Crest—On a mount vert a bull pass. ar. collared, ringed, lined, and armed or. Motto—Secus rivos aquarum.
3) (co. Berks). Az. two bars or (another, bars dancettée).
4) or River, or De la River - (co. Berks). Gu. two bars wavy or.
5) (quartered by Mohun, of Tavistock, co. Devon, a branch of Mohun, of Dunster. Visit. Devon, 1620). Gu. a griffin segreant or. Crest—A griffin’s tail erased sa. Another Crest—A land tortoise ppr.
6) (co. Dorset). Ar. on a bend cotised aa. three lozenges erm.
7) (Sir John Rivers, Knt., Lord Mayor of London 1573. Visit. London, 1568). Az. on a fess engr. ar. surmounted of another gu. charged with three roses of the second, as many swans sans legs ppr. Crest—Out of a bunch of reeds vert a demi swan, wings expanded ar. ducally gorged or.
8) Az. a fess engr. ar. thereon a fess gu. charged with three roses betw. as many swans of the second naiant in water ppr.
9) Ar. a fess and canton gu.
10) Az. on a fess engr.ar. betw. three swans ppr. as many roses gu.
11) Or, a lion ramp. az.
12) Ar. on a bend gu. three lions ramp. or.
13) Ar. six lions ramp. sa. three, two, and one.
14) Fusily az. and or (another, or and gu.).
15) Lozengy or and gu.
16) Gu. six mascles or, three, two, and one.
17) Ar. a fret of eight sa. an inescutcheon gu.