Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Stoke Rodney, co. Somerset; Sir John Rodney, Knt., of Stoke Rodney, descended from Walter Rodney, living A.D. 1095, s. his cousin, Sir George Rodney, Knt., of Stoke Rodney, and d. 1611, leaving, with other issue, 1) Sir Edward Rodney, Knt., of Stoke Rodney, d. 1657, leaving three dans, his co-heirs; and 2) Anthony Rodney, Colonel in the army, ancestor of Lord Rodney. Visit. Somerset, 1623). (Buckwell, co. Somerset; John Rodney, Esq., of that place; his dau. Anne, m. William Sotton, Esq., of Averham, living A.D. 1575. Visit. Notts, 1614). (cos. Hants and Somerset). Or, three eagles displ. purp.
2) (Rodney, co. Devon). Same Arms. Crest—On a ducal coronet or, an eagle rising purp.
3) (Baron Rodney). Same Arms. Crest—On a ducal coronet or, an eagle, wings displ. and inverted purp. Supporters—Two eagles, wings inverted purp. beaked and membered or, each sustaining with the interior claw a banner of St. George, the staves ppr. each enfiled with a naval coronet gold. Motto—Non générant aquilæ columbas.
4) (co. Warwick). Ar. three eagles displ. purp.
5) Or, three eagles displ. vert.
6) Or, a lion ramp. az.
7) Or, in chief two eagles displ. vert.
8) Or (another, ar.) three eagles displ. sa.
9) Or, three eagles displ. az.
10) (William Powell Rodney, Esq.). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, same as Rodney, of Stoke Rodney; 2nd and 3rd, per pale az. and gu. three lions ramp. ar. a border nebulée or, for Powell. Crests—1st, Rodney: Same as Rodney, of Stoke Rodney; 2nd, Powell: Out of a wreath of laurel vert a lady’s head couped at the shoulders ppr. vested gu.