1) (Strode, in the parish of Ermington; Newenham, Loughtor, Newenham Park, and Chaddlewood, in the parish of Plympton St. Mary; Kerswell, in the parish of Holbiton, Dittisham, Meavey Church, Tavistock, Ugborough, and Boterford. in the parish of North Huish, all in co. Devcn). Ar. a chev. betw. three conies courant sa. Crest—On a mount ppr. a savin tree vert, fructed gu. Motto—Hyeme viresco.
2) (Carswell, co. Devon; Adam Strode, of Carswell, Visit. Devon, 1620, son of William Strode, of same place, and grandson of William Strode, of Newenham). Same Arms. Crest—On a mount a savin tree fructed all ppr.
3) (Shipton Mallet, co. Somerset; Jeffrey Strode, of Shipton, Visit. Somerset, 1623, son of William Strode of Shipton, who was fifth in descent from William Strode, Esq., of Somerton, same co., by Alice hie wife, dau. and heir of Jeddred, of Somerton). (Stoke-under-Hambden, co. Somerset; impalement Fun. Ent. Ulster's Office, 1622, Henry, Lord Folliott, whose wife was Anne, dau. of Sir William Strode, Knt., of Stoke). Erm. on a canton sa. a crescent ar.
4) (Parnham, co. Dorset; descended from Sir John De Strode, Sheriff cos. Dorset and Somerset 17 Henry III. The eventual heiress, Elizabeth, only dau. of Sir John Strode, Knt., of Parnham, m. Sir William Oglander, Bart.). Same Arms. Crest—A demi lion or.
5) (Chetham-Strode, Soathill, co. Somerset). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, erm. on a canton sa. a crescent ar., for Strode; 2nd and 3rd, ar. a griffin segreant gu. a border of the last bezantée, for Chetham. Crests—1st, Strode: A demi lion cooped or; 2nd, Chetham: A demi griffin gu. holding a cross potent ar. Motto—Malo mori quam foedari.