Wanton Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Wanton Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (co. Essex). Ar. a chev. sa.
2) (co. Gloucester). Ar. on a chev. sa. three eagles displ. or.
3) (co. Huntingdon). Ar. a chev. sa. in the dexter chief point an annulet of the second. Crest—A plume of seven ostrich feathers, three ar. two sa. and two vert.
4) (London; Thomas Wanton, Citizen and Grocer, Visit. London, 15G8). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. a chev. sa. in dexter chief an annulet of the last; 2nd, erm. a chev. engr. betw. three griffins’ heads erased gu., for Laxton; 3rd, erm. a chief indented gu. Crest—An eagle preying on a dove all ppr.
5) (London). Ar. a chev. chequy az. and erm. betw. three griffins’ heads erased gu. membered of the second.
6) (Stouphton and Great Yarmouth, co. Norfolk). Same Arms. Crest—A trefoil slipped sa. charged with another ar.
7) Gu. three garbs per fess or and ar.
8) Gu. on a chief ar. three torteaux.
9) Ar. a chev. sa. on a canton of the second a martlet of the first.
10) Ar. a chev. sa. in base an annulet of the last.