Wickham Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Wickham Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Swalcliffe, co. Oxford, and Welton, co. Northampton; Humphry Wickham, d. 22 Dec. 1650, son of Edward Wickham, Esq., of Welton, and grandson of Humphry Wickham, Esq., of Swalcliffe. Visit. Oxon, 1634). Ar. two chevronels sa. betw. three roses gu. seeded or, barbed vert, quartering, 1st, Gu. three fleurs-de-lis ar. on a chief of the last a bar nebulée az., for Waterville; 2nd, Or, a chief az., for Ward. Crest—A bull’s head erased sa. charged on the neck with two chevronels ar.
2) (Abingdon, co. Berks, and co. Kent). Ar. two chevronels sa. betw. three roses gu. seeded or, barbed vert. Crest—A bull’s head sa. armed or, charged on the neck with two chev. ar.
3) (Frome, co. Somerset). Same Arms and Crest. Motto—Manners maketh man.
4) (William Wickham, Bishop of Lincoln 1584, and of Winchester 1595, d. same year; confirmed 8 Dec. 1584).Erm. on a border engr. gu. eight mullets or.
5) (co. Oxford). Gu. an escutcheon erm. within an orle of estoiles or.
6) Ar. five mullets pierced in cross sa. Crest—A bull’s head couped sa. armed or, gorged on the neck with two bars gold.
7) Erm. on a border engr. gu. eight estoiles (another, mullets) or. Crest—On a tower sa. a martlet volant or.
8) Ar. a chev. sa. betw. three roses gu.
9) (Reg. Ulster’s Office). Vert on a bend ar. three doves close of the first, each holding in the beak a leaf slipped gu.