Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Weston in Branscombe, co. Devon, settled at Hole in that shire since the early part of the 16th century). Ar. two bars betw. three cinquefoils sa. Crest—A demi griffin sa. collared gemelle ar. holding a cinquefoil of the second.
2) (Marldon and Ludbrook House, Devon). Per fesse indented ar. and gu. four crescents counterchanged.
3) (from St. Martin’s Church, Oxford, the Arms of Richard Bartlett, Visit. Oxon). Az. three annulets (or crescents) ar.
4) (Ashmead-Bartlett. Ellis Bartlett, Esq., of Plymouth, in. Sophia, dau. of John King Ashmead, Esq., and had, Ellis Ashmead-Bartlett, M.P. for Eye, and William Lehman Ashmead Bartlett Burdett Coutts, m. 12 Feb. 1881, Angela Georgina Baroness Burdett-Coutts). Per fesse dancette, sa. and az., in chief, three sinister gauntlets, pendent, ar., tasselled or, fessewise, and in base four crescents in cross of the last. Crest—In front of a tower ppr. a demi swan, wings elevated, ar. collared sa. Motto—Mature.
5) Bartlett-Burdett-Coutts (exemplified to William Lehman Ashmead Bartlett Burdett Coutts, Esq., of Piccadilly, M.A. Oxford). Quarterly, first and 4th, Coutts; arg. a stag’s head erased gu. betw. the attires a pheon az. the whole within a bordure embattled of the last charged with four buckles or, for distinction in the dexter chief point a cross crosslet also gu.; 2nd, Burdett, az. two bars or, each charged with three martlets gu. for distinction in the centre chief point a cross crosslet gold; 3rd, Bartlett, as above. Crests—Coutts, a man from the middle shooting an arrow from a bow all ppr. charged for distinction with a cross crosslet or. On the dexter side the crest of Burdett, a lion’s head erased sa. charged for distinction with a cross crosslet or, and on the sinister side, the crest of Bartlett, as above.
6) (John Adams Bartlett, Esq., Pembroke Place, Liverpool). Quarterly, ar. and gu., five lozenges conjoined in fesse, betw. four crescents all counterchanged. Crest—On a mount vert, a moor cock, sa. couched and wattled gu., in the beak an ear of wheat, leaved and slipped ppr. resting the dexter claw on a crescent also gu. Motto—Deo favente cresco.
7) (Gloucester). Quarterly, per fesse indented az. and gu. four crescents counterchanged.
8) (Kent). Ar. a chev. betw. three martlets sa.
9) (Kent). Ar. a chev. sa. betw. three Cornish choughs ppr.
10) (London). Az. on a chev. flory betw. three doves ar. charged with as many trefoils slipped vert pierced or. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, two demi dragons, without wings vert tied back to back with a cord az. issuing from the middle of the coronet, passing under their throats, and meeting above their heads in two bows.
11) (co. Sussex). Sa. three sinister gauntlets ar.
12) Sa. on a chev. flory counterflory betw. three doves ar. as many trefoils slipped ppr.
13) Quarterly, per pale indented ar. and gu. a crescent counterchanged.