Begg Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Beg - Lozengy or and az. on a chev. ar. three torteaux. Crest—A cross crosslet fitchee, betw. two branches of palm in orle ppr.
2) (Walter Begg, of Barranstame, co. Dublin, d. 6 Jan. 1635, Fun. Ent. Ire.). - Or, a cross formee betw. three crescents purpure. Crest—A hand fesswise couped at the wrist ppr. holding a cross formee fitchee purpure.
3) or Becke - (Ireland). - Ar. the text A. betw. three crescents gu.
4) (Dublin; Collection of Molyneux, Ulster, 1597-1632). - Per pale or and ar. a cross formee betw. four crescents gu. Crest—A naked arm embowed ppr. holding in the hand a long cross gu.
5) (Ireland). - Or, a cross pattee betw. three crescents gu.
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Begg Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Begg Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.