Bohun Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Bohun Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Earls of Hereford, Essex, and Northampton. Humphry, 6th Earl of Hereford, was elected Knight of the Garter, 1365, in place of Sir Miles de Stapleton, one of the original Knights; his Garter Plate remains in his Stall, the 9th on the Sovereign’s side). Az. a bend ar. betw. two cottises and six lions ramp. or. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. a lion statant guard, and crowned or.
2) (Lord Bohun, of Midhurst, summoned to Parliament, 1363). Or, a cross az.
3) or Boone – (Lincoln). Az. on a bend ar. cottised or, betw. six lions ramp. gold, three escallops gu. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet gu. a cup. ar. betw. two elephants’ tusks or.
4) or Boun (Coundon, co. Warwick. Ralph Boun, of Blakewell, co. Derby, was living temp. Henry VI.; thirteenth in descent from him was Ralph Boun, of Coventry and Coundon, living temp. Queen Elizabeth, and fourth from Ralph, was another Ralph Boun, whose eldest dau. Susanna, m. Gilbert, second son of Gilbert Clarke, of Chilcote, co. Derby, Dugdale). Arms same as the preceding.
5) (Tressingfield, co. Suffolk). Gu. a crescent erm. within an orle of eight martlets or. Crest—On a chapeau a quatrefoil pierced erm. in the centre a bezant.
6) (Midhurst, co. Sussex). Or, a cross az.
7) Ar. on a bend gu. voided of the field, betw. six lioncels az. three stars sa.
8) Az. a bend ar. cottised or.
9) Az. on a bend ar. cottised or, betw. six lions ramp. of the third, three mullets gu. (another, sa.).
10) (Carlisle). Or, three bars gu.
11) Az. a bend ar. cottised, betw. six lions ramp. or.
12) (in the East Window, Bristol Cathedral). Az. a bend ar. cottised or, betw. six demi lions ramp. of the last.
13) (Salop, Visit. London, 1568). Az. on a bend betw. two cottises ar. three escallops gu.
14) or Boon Az. on a bend ar. cottised or, betw. two lions ramp. of the second three escallops gu. Crest—A hand holding a sheaf of arrows points downwards ppr.
15) (Lincoln). Az. on a bend ar. cottised or, betw. six lions ramp. gold, three escallops gu. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet gu. a cup. ar. betw. two elephants’ tusks or.