Boggs Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Bogge, or Le Bowge - Or, on a fesse sa. three water-bougets ar.
2) or Bogg, or Le Bowge - Or, on a fesse sa. three water-bougets ar.
3) (Lincoln. Granted 12 March, 1602, to Humphrey Bogg, of Sutterin, co. Lincoln). Or, on a fesse sa. three water-bougets ar. Crest—A bat displ. ar. armed or.
4) (Scotland). Gu. a chev. betw. two roses in chief and a boar’s head erased in base ar.
5) Ar. a fret sa. on each point a cross crosslet fitchee of the first.
6) or Bugg - Or, fretty sa. charged at each interlacing with a crosslet fitchee ar.
7or Bogge - Or, fretty sa. charged at each interlacing with a crosslet fitchee ar.
8) Per chev. gu. and ar. three crescents counterchanged. Crest—A sail of a ship ppr.
9) Per chev. gu. and ar. three crescents counterchanged. Crest—A sail of a ship ppr.
10) Gu. on a chev. ar. three stars sa.
11) (Burnhouse, Scotland). Ar. a chev. gu. betw. two cinquefoils in chief and a buck’s head in base sa.
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Boggs Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Boggs Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.