Britain Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) Sa. three garbs or.
2) (or Briton). (Lord Mayor of London, 1294 to 1297 inclusive). Az. two chev. or, in chief as many martlets ar.
3) (or Britton or Briton) Paly of six or and gu. a bend sa. guttee d’ eau. Crest—Out of a naval coronet a demi mermaid, holding in the dexter hand a purse, and in her sinister a comb ppr.
4) (Lord Mayor of London, 1326). Gu. a saltire betw. four fleurs-de-lis or.
5) Chequy or and az. a tower triple towered erm. port displ. sa. within a bordure gu. charged with eight leopards pass, of the first.
6) Chequy or and az. a canton erm. within a bordure gu. charged with eight lions pass. guard. of the first.
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Britain Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Britain Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.