Buxton Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Buckston (Buxton, and afterwards of Brassington, co. Derby). (Bradborne, co. Derby). (Youlgrave, co. Derby, a branch of Buxton, of Brassington). Sa. two bars ar. on a canton of the second a buck of the first, attired or. Crest—A pelican or, with wings expanding, vulning her breast gu.. Source: Burke’s
2) (Shadwell Court, co. Norfolk, bart). First Coat— Ar. a lion ramp. sa. tail elevated and raised over the head.. Source: Burke’s
3) (Shadwell Court, co. Norfolk, bart). Second Coat—Sa. two bars ar., on a canton of the second a buck of the first attired or. Crests—A buck’s head gu.; and, A pelican or. Motto—Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.. Source: Burke’s
4) (Bellfield, co. Dorset, and Runton, co. Norfolk, bart). Ar. a lion ramp. tail elevated and turned over the head sa. betw. two mullets of the second. Another Coat— Sa. two bars ar. on a canton of the second, a buck of the first attired or. Crest—A buck’s head couped gu., attired or, gorged with a collar of the last, therefrom pendent an escutcheon ar., charged with an African’s head sa. Supporters—Dexter an African sa. wreathed about the head and loins vert, sinister a buck gu. attired or. Motto—Do it with thy might.. Source: Burke’s
1) (Bradborne, co. Derby). Sa. two bars ar. betw. which three mullets of the second on a canton also of the second a buck trippant of the field. Crest—A pelican or, vulning herself gu. Motto—Fructum habet charitas.. Source: Burke’s