Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) or Churche - (Earls Colne, co. Essex). Gu. a fesse or, in chief three sinister gauntlets ppr. Crest—An arm erect in armour ppr. garnished or, holding a baton of the last.
2) or Churche - (borne by Henry Church, Esq., R.N., and Rev. William Church, of Hampton, co. Middlesex). Gu. a crosier reversed in bend sinister, surmounted by a sword in bend dexter ppr. on a chief ar. a thistle leaved also ppr. Crest—A hand holding a sword erect betw. two branches of laurel, entwined round the blade, all ppr. Over the crest the word—Virtute.
3) (granted 1822 to Sir Richard Church, C.B., K.H., &c.). Az. a lion ramp. or, over all on a bend erm. three dexter gauntlets clenche ppr. Crest—A demi lion ramp. or brandishing in his dexter paw a battle-axe ppr. and resting his sinister paw on a cross gu.
4) (Ffrwdgrech, St. David’s, co. Brecon, exemplified to Samuel Church Philips, Esq., on his assuming the name of Church, instead of Philips, by royal licence, dated 6 May, 1869). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. on a pile gu. a chev. of the field charged with three roses of the second barbed and seeded ppr. betw. as many greyhounds' heads erased of the first, for Church; 2nd and 3rd, sa. a lion ramp. betw. four mascles saltirewise or, for Phillips. Crests—1st, Church: In front of a passion cross gu. a pelican in her piety ar. the wing charged with a rose also gu. barbed and seeded ppr.; 2nd, Philips: A lion ramp, reguard. sa. semi of pheons, and holding betw. the paws a mascle or. Motto—Vulnera ecclesiae liberorum vita.
5) (Tunstall, co. Salop, 1747). Ar. a fesse engr. betw. three greyhounds’ heads erased sa. collared or.
6) (Slingfield, co. Sussex). Chequy ar. and sa. on a bend gu. three lions’ heads erased or. Crest—A tiger pass. ar. tufted and maned or.
7) (Essex). Ar. on a fesse engr. betw. three greyhounds' heads erased sa. collared or, as many trefoils slipped of the last. Crest—A demi greyhound sa. gorged with a collar or, charged with three lozenges gu. holding a trefoil of the second.
8) (Betton, co. Salop). Ar. on a chev. gu. betw. three greyhounds' heads erased sa. as many bezants. Crest—A greyhound’s head erased erm. collared and ringed or.
9) (Breconshire). Ar. on a fesse gu. betw. three greyhounds’ heads erased sa. collared or, as many trefoils slipped of the last. Crest—A greyhound’s head erased and collared as in the arms, in the mouth a trefoil slipped gu.