See glossary for symbol meaning.
Churchill Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Churchill Family Gift Ideas
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Churchill Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Churchill Family Gift Ideas
Browse Churchill family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More churchill Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (settled in cos. Devon, Somerset, and Dorset, during the reigns of King John, Henry III., and Edward I. Visit, co. Devon, 1620). (Churchill, co. Dorset, descended from co. Devon; Sir John Churchill, knighted at Whitehall, 12 Aug. 1670. Visit. Dorset by Sir Edward Bysse; Le Neve's Knights). Sa. a lion ramp. ar. debruised with a bendlet gu.
2) (Spencer-Churchill, Duke of Marlborough). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, sa. a lion ramp. ar. on a canton of the last a cross gu., for Churchill; 2nd and 3rd, quarterly ar. and gu., in the second and third quarters a fret or, over all on a bend sa. three escallops of the first, for Spencer; and, as an honourable augmentation, in chief an escutcheon ar. charged with the cross of St. George gu. and thereon an escutcheon of the arms of France: viz., az. three fleurs-de-lis or; the whole arms borne upon an imperial eagle, as a Prince of the Holy Roman Empire; above the arms a princely coronet. Crest, of Churchill—A lion couchant guard, ar. supporting with the dexter paw a banner gu. charged with a dexter hand apaumee of the first, stair or. Crest, of Spencer—Out of a ducal or, a griffin’s head betw. two wings expanded ar. gorged with a bar gemelle, and armed gu. Supporters— Dexter, a griffin per fesse ar. and or; sinister, a wyvern ar. wings expanded, both collared and chained sa. each collar charged with three escallops, also ar. Supporters (borne by the present Duke)—Two wyverns gu. Motto—Fiel pero desdichado.
3) (Churchill-Henbury, co. Dorset, and Somersetshire). Sa. a lion ramp. ar. debruised with a bendlet gu. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a demi lion ramp. ar.
4) Sa. a lion ramp. ar. on a canton of the second a cross gu. Crest—A lion couchant guard, ar. holding a banner of the last charged with a hand erect gu.
5) (Colleton, and Alderholt Park). Sa. a lion ramp. ar. debruised with a bendlet gu. Crest—A demi lion ramp. ar. issuant out of a ducal coronet or.
6) (granted to Chatham Horace Churchill, Colonel in the army). Sa. a lion ramp. ar. holding betw. the paws a mural crown or, a canton erm. thereon pendent by a ribband gu. fimbriated az. a representation of the silver medal presented to the said Chatham Horace Churchill, for his services at the Battle of Waterloo, subinscribed Waterloo, in letters sa. Crest—A lion couchant guard, ar. holding a flag-staff erect, entwined with a branch of laurel ppr. flowing from the staff to the sinister a banner swallow-tailed gu. charged with an Eastern crown or.