Clive Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Huxley, Cheshire). Ar. on a fesse sa. three mullets or. Crest—A griffin pass. ar. ducally gorged gu.
2) (Styche, co. Salop, Lord Clive). Ar. on a fesse sa. three mullets or. Crest—A griffin pass. ar. ducally gorged gu. Supporters—Dexter, an elephant ar.; sinister, a leopard guard, ppr. ducally gorged gu. Motto—Audacter et sincere.
3) Windsor-Clive (Baron Windsor). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. on a fesse sa. three mullets or; 2nd and 3rd, gu. a saltire ar. betw. twelve cross crosslets or. Crests— 1st, a griffin pass. ar. ducally gorged gu.; 2nd, a buck’s head affronted couped at the neck ar. attired or. Supporters— Two unicorns ar. armed, maned, tufted, and unguled or. Motto—Je me fie en Dieu.
4) (Wormbridge, co. Hereford, descended from Edward Clive, younger brother of Robert Clive, Esq., of Styche, the grandfather of the first Lord Clive). Same Arms as Clive of Styche. Crest—On a mount vert a griffin with wings endorsed ar. ducally collared gu.
5) (Whitfield, co. Hereford). Same Arms as last. Crest—A griffin pass. ar. ducally gorged gu. Motto—Audacter et sincere.
6) or Cleeve (London). Ar. on a fesse betw. three wolves’ heads erased sa. as many mullets or. Crest—A horse’s head sa. betw. two wings ar.