Cockett Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Hadsor and Droitwich, co. Worcester, formerly of Ampton, co. Suffolk: the Worcester property came to the family by the marriage of Edward Cockett, with Anne, dau. and co-heiress of Thomas Froxmore. Visit. Worcester, 1634). – Per bend ar. and sa. three fleurs-de-lis in bend counterchanged. Crest—A man’s hand in profile couped below the shoulders ppr. on the head upon a wreath ar. and sa. a cap bendy wavy or and az.. Source: Burke’s
2) (co. Hertford). – Ar. on a fesse betw. three estoiles a demi lion ramp. betw. two fleurs-de-lis sa. Crest—A man’s head, couped below the shoulders and sidefaced ppr. habited vert, the collar or, on the head a cap bendy wavy of the last and az. turned up, indented sa. Source: Burke’s
3) (cos. Norfolk and Suffolk). – Per bend ar. and sa. three fleur-de-lis counterchanged. Crest—As the last. Source: Burke’s
4) (Hampton, co. Suffolk). – Same Arms, within a border also counterchanged. Source: Burke’s
5) None – Or, a chev. betw. three cocks sa. armed gu. within a bordure gobonated ar. and of the second. Source: Burke’s