Cowan Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (London, and Forrest Hill, co. Kent, bart., extinct). Ar. a saltire gu. a chief of the last, thereon two swords saltireways ppr. pomels and hilts or, encircled by a representation of the collar of the Lord Mayor of London, also ppr. betw. two fasces gold. Crest—A demi lion erm. gorged with a representation of the collar of Lord Mayor of London, as in the Arms
2) Gu. a fesse betw. three annulets ar. Crest—A demi lion, double queued ppr.
3) (Scotland). Ar. a saltire and chief gu. on the last a fleur-de-lis or. Crest—An escallop or. Motto—Sic itur in altum.
4) (Glasgow, 1866). Ar. a saltire gu., on a chief of the last a fleur-de-lis of the first. Crest—An escallop shell or. Motto—Sic itur in altum.
5) (Loganhouse, co. Edinburgh). Ar. a saltire gu.. on a chief of the last an escallop of the first. Crest—An escallop ar. Motto—Sic itur in altum.
6) (JAS. Cowan, M.P. for Edinburgh). The same, the saltire charged with a mullet ar. Same Crest and Motto.