1) (Lord Cromwell, of Tatshall, co. Lincoln. Sir John de Cromwell was summoned to Parliament 1308; in abeyance since 1471). Or, a chief gu. over all a bend az.
2) (Earl of Essex. Thomas Cromwell, son of Walter Cromwell, a Blacksmith at Putney, was so created 1536, attainted 1539). Az. on a fesse betw. three lions ramp. or, a rose gu. betw. two Cornish choughs ppr. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. a pelican or, guttee az. vulning herself ppr.
3) (Lord Cromwell and Earl of Ardglass. Gregory Cromwell, son of Thomas, Earl of Essex (attainted 1539) was created a peer of England 1540. The 4th Lord Cromwell became Earl of Ardgloss in Ireland 1645: earldom extinct 1687.) Quarterly, per fess indented or and az. four lions pass. counterchanged. Crest— On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. a pelican or, guttee az. vulning herself ppr. Supporters —Two bulls gu. winged ar. crined and hoofed or.
4) (Hinchinbrooke, co. Huntingdon. Morgan Williams. of Welsh descent, had a son Sir Richard Williams, Knt., who at the desire of Henry VIII. and in consequence of some family connection with Cromwell, Earl of Essex, assumed the name of Cromwell. Sir Richard Williams, alias Cromwell, was great grandfather of Oliver Cromwell the Protector, whose last male descendant, Oliver Cromwell, Esq., of Cheshunt Park, d. 1821, leaving an only dau. Elizabeth Oliveria, m. 1831, Thomas Artemidorus Russell, Esq.). Mottoes—Mors meta laborum; also, Pax quaeritur bello. [Vincent, in his Collections for Huntingdonshire, College of Arms, London, appends this note: "Sir Richard Cromwell (great grandfather of Oliver Cromwell) in the pedigree of Oliver Cromwell, of ever damned memory, is said to be sonne of Morgan Williams, son of Wm. Morgan, of Newchurche, in the countie of Glamorgan (one of the Privy Chamber to H. 7) son of Howell, son of Madock, son of Alan, son of Owen, Lord of Kibyor, son of Cadogan, son of Blethyn, of Kinwyn, Prince of Powys.] Sa. a lion ramp. ar., being the coat of Williams. Crest—A demi lion ramp. ar. holding in the dexter paw a gem ring or.
5) (alias Williams) Gu. three chevronels ar. betw. as many lions ramp. or.
6) (co. Huntington). Ar. three chevronels gu. over all as many lions ramp. or.
7) (West Hallam and South Wingfield, co. Derby). Ar. a chief gu. over all a bend az.
8) Ar. a griffin segreant gu. over all a bend az.
9) Gu. six annulets or, within a bordure engr. ar.
10) Ar. a chief gu. and bend gobonated or and az.
11) Ar. a chev. gu. betw. three torteaux.
12) Sa. a bend engr. or, fimbriated ar.