Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Wickford, co. Essex). Ar. on a fesse gu. a cross pattee betw. two cross crosslets fitchee or.
2) (Castlehill, co. Inverness). Or, a fesse gu. in chief a serpent az. Crest—A hand in a gauntlet holding a dart ppr. Motto—Nec minus fortiter.
3) (Provost of Inverness 1672). Vert a fesse engr. betw. four mullets ar. and an arrow in pale surmounting the fesse point downwards ppr. Motto—Tandem fit arbor.
4) (Bailie of Inverness 1672). The same, but for diff. the fesse indented on the upper, and engr. on the under side. Motto—Tandem fit surculus arbor.
5) (Rosshall, co. Aberdeen, 1750). Or, a fess gu. betw. a serpent az. in chief and a fir-tree growing oat of a mount in base vert. Crest—A hand in a gauntlet holding a dart ppr. Motto—Spero.
6) (Canada East, 1778). Or, on a fess az. three frases ar. in chief a serpent gliding in pale of the second, armed and langued gu. Crest—A cubit arm holding an arrow ppr. Motto—Fortiter.
7) (Dalleagles, co. Ayr, 1869). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, per fess or and erm. a fess gu. in chief a serpent in pale vert, for Cuthbert; 2nd and 3rd, az. a stag's head erased attired of ten tynes or, within a bordure ar., for Reid. Crest—A cubit arm erect the hand grasping a tilting spear in bend sinister ppr. Motto—Nec minus fortiter.
8) Same Arms and Crest as Cutbert, Oundle.
9) (or Cuthburst). Ar. three chev. sa. on each five bezants. Crest—On a heart gu. an eagle's claw erased at the thigh.
10) (or Cuthburt). Ar. on a fesse gu. three cross crosslets fitchee of the field. Crest—On a heart gu. an eagle’s claw erased at the thigh.
11) Or, a serpent gliding in pale ppr. debruised by a fesse gu. Crest—An arm embowed in armour grasping a broken spear all ppr.
12) (or Cutberd). (Oundle and Warrington, co. Northampton; granted 12 June, 1654). (Witton Castle, co. Durham). Ar. on a fesse gu. three crosses crosslet fitchee of the first. Crest—A lion’s head erased ar. collared gu. thereon three crosses crosslet fitchee of the first.
13) Sa. two lions pass. gobonated ar. and gu.