Darley Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (granted to George Darley, Esq., of Dublin). Gu. six fleurs-de-lis ar. three, two, and one, within a bordure erm. on a canton of the second a trefoil slipped ppr. Crest—A horse’s head couped ar. accoutred in armour ppr. bridled gu. Motto—Dare.
2) (Warren-Darley, exemplified 1838 to Henry Bruyster Darley, Esq., of Fitzwilliam-square, on his assuming by royal licence the additional surname of Warren). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, Darley, gu. six fleurs-de-lis, three, two, and one ar. within a bordure erm. on a canton of the secon a trefoil slipped vert; 2nd and 3rd, Warren, chequy or and az. on a canton of the second a saltire of the first. Crests— 1st, Darley: A horse’s head ar. armed ppr. bridled gu.; 2nd, Warren: Out of a ducal coronet or, from a plume of five ostrich feathers gu. an eagle’s claw ppr.; on a scroll betw. the crests the word “Dare.” Motto— Per mare, per terras.
3) (originally D’Erle, Aldby Park, co, York). (St. Edmonsbury, cos. Suffolk and York). (Darley, co. Derby, temp. Edward III.; the heiress m. Columbell). Gu. six fleurs-de-lis ar. three, two, and one, a bordure erm. Crest— A horse’s head couped gu. accoutred in armour ar. bridled or.
4) Ar. a chev. engr. betw. three garbs sa. Crest—A garb ar. banded or.
5) (Rev. John Darley, Rector of Northill, co. Cornwall, son of Nathan Darley, of Beckles, co. Suffolk, and grandson of John Darley, of Buttercram, co. York. Visit. Cornwall, 1620). Gu. six fleurs-de-lis ar. three, two, and one, a border erm.