Delves Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Delves Hall, co. Stafford; John de Delves was living there 31 Edward I.; his descendant, Sir John Delves, Knt., of Delves Hall, Warden of the Mint, temp. Henry VI., was slain at Tewkesbury, leaving inter alias two sons, John Delves, the eldest, beheaded 10 Edward IV., leaving two daus., and Henry Delves, the youngest ancestor of Delves, bart., of Dodington). Ar. a chev. gu. fretty or, betw. three delves (or sods of turf) sa.
2) (Dodington, co. Chester, bart., extinct 1725; Sir Thomas Delves, Knt., of Dodington, descended from Henry Delves, youngest son of Sir John Delves, Knt., of Delves Hall, was created a bart., 1621. Elizabeth, only dau. of the fourth bart., m. Sir Brian Broughton, Bart., of Broughton). Same Arms. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a demi heron wings displ. ar.
3) (co. Kent). Same Arms. Crest—A dolphin naiant az.
4) (co. Lancaster). Same Arms (billets instead of delves). Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a demi eagle betw. two wings sa. Motto—Je ne puis.
5) (co. Chester). Same Arms (pewter pots instead of delves). Crest—A dolphin embowed ar.
6) Same Arms (fleurs-de-lis instead of delves).