Dormer Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Dormer Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Baron Dormer). (Lee Grange, co. Bucks, bart., extinct 1726, descended from Peter Dormer, younger brother of Sir William Dormer, ancestor of the Lords Dormer). Az. ten billets, four, three, two, and one, or, on a chief of the second a demi lion ramp. issuant sa. Crest—A falconer’s right-hand glove fessewise ar. thereon perched a falcon, wings inverted also ar. belled and beaked or. Supporters—Two falcons, wings inverted ar. legged and beaked or, belled gu. Motto—Cio che Dio vuole io voglio.
2) (Lord Mayor of London, 1541). Same Arms, &c., a crescent for diff.
3) (Ascot, co. Bucks). Same Arms and Crest. Another Crest—A fox pass. ppr. betw. two wings endorsed ar.
4) (Wing, co. Rutland). Az. ten billets or, four, three, two, and one, on a chief of the second three martlets of the first.
5) (West Wycomb). Az. six billets or, three, two, and one, on a chief of the last three martlets sa.
6) (New Ross and Camlin, co. Wexford. Reg. Ped. Ulster’s Office, temp. Charles I.). Az. ten billets, four, three, two, and one or, on a chief of the second a lion ramp, of the first.
7) (Reg. Ulster’s Office). Same Arms, field gu.