See glossary for symbol meaning.
Downs Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Variations of this name: Downes.We have several coat of arms design(s) for the name Downs. Click on the thumbnails to view each design.
Downs Family Gift Ideas
Don’t like ordering online? Order by phone 1-408-983-2800
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Downs Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Downs Family Gift Ideas
Browse Downs family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More downs Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) or Downes - (Downes, co. Chester). Sa. a buck lodged ar. Crest—A buck, as in the arms.
2) or Downes - (Evenwood, co. Durham). Same Arms, in the sinister chief quarter a cinquefoil of the last for diff.
3) or Downes - (Debnam, and Great Melton, co. Suffolk). (Reg. Ulster’s Office). (quartered by Mitford, through Osbaldeston and Wentworth. Coll. Arms. Lon.). Ar. three palets wavy gu. a mullet for diff. Crest—A wolf’s head ar. charged with a mullet.
4) or Downes - Sa. a buck springing ar. attired or.
5) or Downes - Vert a buck couchant ar. Crest—A buck’a head erased ppr.
6) or Downes - (quartered by Dennis, of Orleigh, co. Devon. Visit. 1620). Ar. on a bend cotised sa. three cinquefoils or.
7) or Downes - (Shrigley, co. Chester). (Taxall, co Chester; derived from Robert de Downes, temp. King John). Ancient Arms—Sa. a stag lodged ar. a bordure or, semee of quatrefoils sa. Later Arms—The same without the border.
8) or Downes - (Wardley, co. Lancaster). Same Arms. Crest—A stag’s head erased gu. armed or.
9) or Downes - Or, on a bend betw. two. lions ramp. sa. three martlets ar.
10) or Downes - Ar. a buglehorn sa.
11) or Downes - (Panter-Downes, Edward Downes Panter-Downes, Esq., R.N.). Sa. a stag lodged ar. attired and unguled or.
12) or Downes - (Cowley, co. Gloucester. John Downes, of Cowley, temp. Henry VIII., m. Juliana Merry, of Cheltenham, visit. Berks, 1665). Az. a stag couchant ar. Crest—A stag’s head gu. attired or.
13) or Downes - (Windsor, co. Berks. George Downes, of Windsor, b. 1584. 6th son of John Downes, of Cowley, co. Gloucester. Visit. Berks, 1665). Same Arms and Crest.