Eustace Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Lord Portlester and Viscount Baltinglass: a great and powerful house established in Ireland temp. Henry II; attainted 1585; the late Rev. Charles Eustace, of Robertstown, co. Kildare, claimed the title, and was declared by the report of H.M. Attorney-General for Ireland to have proved his right to the dignity of Viscount Baltinglass, subject to the reversal of the attainder, Mr. Eustace’s grandson, Col. Robert J. Eustace, late 60th Rifles, is his senior co-heir general. The late Mr. Eustace’s nephew, Henry Eustace., Esq., of Corbally, Queen’s co., is heir male, and as such inherits the right to the Viscounty of Baltinglass). Or, a saltire gu. Crest—A stag statant, betw. the horns a crucifix, all ppr. Supporters—Two angels ppr. Motto—Cur me persequeris?
2) (granted, 1864, to Rev. William Arthurs, M.A., Vicar of Stradbally and Moyanma. Queen’s co., reputed son of Lieut.-General Sir John Rowland Eustace, K.H., upon his taking, by royal licence, the surname of Eustace, in lieu of Arthurs). Or, a saltire gu. within a bordure wavy az. in the ccntre chief point a fleur-de-lis of the second. Crest—A stag at gaze ppr. charged with a fleur-de-lis and a saltire wavy, couped in fess gu. and betw. the horns a crucifix ar. Motto—Cur me persequeris?
3) (Castlemore, co. Carlow). (Newstown, co. Carlow). Gu. a saltire or. Crest—A stag’s head cabossed, betw. the horns a crucifix all ppr. Motto—Soli Deo gloria.
4) Sa. a saltire betw. four martlets ar. Crest—A hand holding a close helmet ppr.
5) The same, within a bordure erm.
6) (Baron of Malpas). Or, a pale fusily gu. (another, az a cross patonce ar.).
7) Az. a bend ar. betw. six martlets or.
8) Az. a bend ar. betw. ten crosses crosslet fitchee or.