Garland Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Garland Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Quatre Bras, co. Dorset). Paly of six or and gu. a chief per pale of the second and sa. in the dexter chief a chaplet ppr. in the sinister a demi lion ramp. issuant ar. Crest—Two lances saltirewise ar. interlacing a chaplet ppr.
2) (Whitfield, Blacktorington, and Exeter, co. Devon. Visit. 1620). Or, three pales gu. on a chief per pale gu. and sa. a chaplet and a demi lion issuant ar.
3) (Michaelstowe Hall, co. Essex, and Woodcote Grove, co. Surrey). Same Arms. Crest—On a mural crown or, a lion sejant reguard. ar. the dexter paw resting on an escutcheon of the second charged with a garland ppr. Motto—Libertas.
4) (co. Lincoln). (co. York). Gu. two bars or, in chief three bezants. Crest—A lion’s paw erased, holding a battle axe ppr.
5) (Fun. Ent. of Edward Gough, Alderman of Dublin, d. 30 July, 1631, m. as second wife, Ellis Garland). Ar. an eagle displ. with two necks sa. armed, beaked, and ducally gorged or.
6) (Reg. Ulster’s Office). Same Arms. Crest—A horse pass. ar. hoofed or.