Gibbons Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Gibbons Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Stanwell Place, Middlesex, bart.). Gu. a lion ramp. or, debruised by a bend ar. charged with a torteau betw. two crosses pattee fitchee sa. Crest—A lion’s gamb erased and erect gu. charged with a bezant, holding a cross pattee fitchee sa. Motto—Gratior est a rege pio.
2) (Sittingbourne, co. Kent, bart.). Az. a lion ramp. in chief an escarbuncle betw. two escallops and in base an escallop betw. two escarbuncles all or. Crest—A morion ppr. thereon an escarbuncle or. Motto—Fido Deo et ipse.
3) (The Leasowes and Corbyns Hall, co. Stafford). Sa. a lion ramp. betw. three escallops ar. Crest—A demi-lion reguard. sa. holding betw. the paws an escallop ar.
4) (co. Glamorgan, temp. Henpy VIII.) Or, a lion ramp. sa. armed gu. debruised by a bend of the last, charged with three crosses pattee fitchee ar.
5) (Ditcley, co. Oxford, and New Hall, co. Warwick; Thomas Gibsons, grandson of John Gibbons, alias Payne, of Little Sutton, co. Warwick. Visit. Oxon, 1574). Gu. a lion ramp. or, over all on a bend ar. three crosses pattee sa. Crest—A lion’s gamb erased gu. holding a cross pattee fitchee.
6) (granted to Rev. Benjamin Gibbons, of Poollands, Hartlebury, co. Worcester). Sa. a lion ramp. or, betw. three escallops ar. on a chief engr. of the last three crosses potent gu. Crest—A demi lion reguard. or, gorged with a collar sa. pendent therefrom an escutcheon of the last, charged with a cross potent ar. betw. the paws an escallop, also ar. Motto—Fide et fortitudine. There is a second Motto (placed over the crest), viz., Accipe crucem.
7) (Shrewsbury). Paly of six ar. and gu. on a bend sa. three escallops of the first. Crest—A demi lion ramp. sa. holding an escallop ar.
8) Bendy sinister of six ar. and gu. over all on a bend sa. three escallops of the first.
9) Gu. three lions pass or, a bend az.
10) (Impalement Fun. Ent. 1632, of a dau. of John Gibbons, Alderman of Dublin, wife of Fagan). Gu. a lion ramp. or, on a bend ar. three crosses formee sa.
11) (recorded by Leveret, Athlone, to Captain Gibbons, second Captain of the regiment under command of Col. Robert Tothill, which landed at Dublin, 3 May, 1649). Gu. a lion ramp. or, armed and langued az. on a bend ar. three crosses formee sa. Crest—A naked arm erect couped below the elbow, holding in the hand a salmon all ppr.
12) Or, a lion ramp. sa. over all on a bend gu. three escallops ar. Crest—A lion ramp. sa.
13) Or, a chev. gu. betw. three leopards’ faces az.
14) (co. Dorset). Sa. a lion ramp. guard. crowned or, betw. three escallops ar.
15) (Bishops Bourne, co. Kent). Same Arms. Crest—a demi lion ramp. guard. ar. ducally crowned or, holding betw. the paws an escallop gold.
16) (Rolvenden, co. Kent; granted 6 April, 1629). Or, a lion ramp. sa. betw. three pellets. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. an escarbuncle or.
17) Ar. a boar’s head couped in pale az. in the mouth a garb or.
18) Ar. a griffin segreant sa. betw. three crescents gu.
19) or Guybon (Sheriff of Norfolk, 1513). Or, a lion ramp. sa. debruised by a bend gu. charged with three escallops ar.
20) Ar. a lion ramp. sa. depressed by a bend gu.
21) (cos. Lancaster and Suffolk). Or, a lion ramp. sa. over all two tilting spears in saltire gu. headed ar.
22) or Gibbins – Ar. a lion ramp. gu. surmounted by a bend or, charged with three crosses pattee fitchee sa. Crest—A cubit arm holding a fish ppr.
23) or Gibbings, or Gibbins – Same Arms as Gibbens. Crest—On a ducal coronet or, the attires of a stag ppr.
24) (Gibbings Grove, co. Cork; certified in Ulster’s Office to that family). Ar. on a bend betw. three fleurs-de-lis two in chief and one in base az. a crescent or. Crest—A demi lion ramp. ppr. holding in his paws a fleur-de-lis az.